Unit 1.5 is tasked with generating knowledge on the nature, degree of implementation, and impact of structures and strategies in occupational safety and health (OSH) as well as with utilising these findings for workplace and policy action.
In doing so, the unit exploits synergies between its topics "Organisation of Workplace OSH" and "General Office of the National OSH Conference".
For example, implementation and evaluation results from the Joint German Occupational Safety and Health Strategy (Gemeinsame Deutsche Arbeitsschutzstrategie, GDA) are used to derive research projects. In turn, via policy advice processes, the results of these projects influence the further conceptual further development of the rules and regulations on OSH organisation in the workplace, as well as the continuation of the GDA.
The unit's work currently focuses on the following areas:
- Monitoring and evaluating the impacts of the changing world of work on OSH structures and stakeholders
- Research and development related to favourable and inhibitive framework conditions for the implementation of OSH measures at work
- Research and development on institutional and in-company structures in the field of safety and health
- Conceptual contributions to the continued development of rules and regulations on OSH organisation in the workplace - in particular the Occupational Safety Act (Arbeitssicherheitsgesetz, ASiG).
- Providing technical organisational support to the National OSH Conference (NOSHC) in the continued development, coordination and implementation of the GDA
- Collection, analysis and preparation of data and facts for the management and continued development of the GDA; management of the GDA evaluation