Federal Office for Chemicals
The Federal Office for Chemicals (BfC) is a Division of BAuA and is responsible for the implementation of statutory rules in chemicals legislation. This page provides information on the BfC's work to protect humans, animals and the environment against hazardous chemicals.
© Uwe Völkner, Fotoagentur FOX
An overview of the BfC's tasks:
- helpdesk for REACH, CLP and biocidal products (REACH-CLP-Biozid Helpdesk);
- assessment of chemicals and risk management within the scope of REACH;
- implementation of the EU regulation on classification, labelling and packaging (CLP);
- assessment of biocidal active substances and authorisation of biocidal products;
- notification of biocidal products in accordance with the Biocide Notification Ordinance (ChemBiozidMeldeV);
- implementation of the procedures set out by the CFC Regulation, the Export/Import Regulation (PIC Procedure) and the Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation;
- liaising with the European Commission, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) and competent authorities of other Member States;
- coordination of other higher federal authorities involved in the procedures as well as the exchange of information with the enforcement authorities of the federal states.