Unit 3.2 Statistical Methods in Epidemiology and Biometrics
This unit’s duties include providing statistical/biometric advice regarding the research interests of the BAuA, and specifically in relation to the planning and analysis of experiments, laboratory tests and epidemiological studies, as well as the further development of statistical models in epidemiology.
Research and development activities currently focus on the following areas:
- the planning and analysis of epidemiological studies for the estimation of work-related health risks;
- studies for the evaluation of prevention programmes;
- assessment of epidemiological studies from a methodological perspective;
- conducting meta-analyses for the purposes of comprehensive risk assessment;
- the derivation of dose-effect relationships;
- providing mathematical and IT support for the planning, execution and evaluation of occupational health experiments.
Another focus lies on the analysis of data from the Wismut Health Data Archives on the multifactorial genesis of work-related diseases.