Unit 1.4 OSH Structures and Strategies, General Office of the National OSH Conference
The role of Unit 1.4 is to generate knowledge on the nature, degree of implementation, and impact of structures and strategies in occupational safety and health and to utilise these findings for workplace and policy action.
In doing so, the unit exploits synergies between its topic areas "Organisation of Workplace OSH" and "General Office of the National OSH Conference".
For example, implementation and evaluation results from the Joint German Occupational Safety and Health Strategy (GDA) are used to derive research projects. In turn, via policy advice processes, the results of these projects influence the conceptual further development of the rules and regulations on OSH organisation in the workplace, as well as the continuation of the GDA.
This work currently focuses on the following areas:
- Monitoring and evaluating the impacts of the changing world of work on OSH structures and stakeholders.
- Research and development in relation to favourable and inhibitive framework conditions for workplace implementation of OSH measures.
- Research and development in relation to work in safety and occupational medical care, occupational medical prevention, and framework conditions for occupational medical care in SMEs.
- Conceptual contributions to the continued development of rules and regulations on OSH organisation in the workplace - in particular the Occupational Safety Act (ASiG).
- Providing technical organisational support to the National OSH Conference (NOSHC) in the continued development, coordination and implementation of the GDA.
- Collection, analysis and preparation of data and facts for the management and continued development of the GDA; management of the GDA evaluation.