Guide for the quantification of cancer risk figures after exposure to carcinogenic hazardous substances for establishing limit values at the workplace
The announcement of the Federal Ministry of work and social (BMAS) to hazardous substances 910 "Risk values and exposition risk relations for activities with carcinogenic substances" contains the decisions of the Commission on Hazardous Substances (Ausschuss für Gefahrstoffe - AGS) to
- the definition of comprehensive risk borders for activities with carcinogenic substances and their grounds
- the description of a graded measure draught - independent of substance - to the risk decrease as a function of the height of the risk
- a guide to the quantification of cancer risk figures as well as
- concentration values specific for substances.
The "Guide for the quantification of cancer risk figures after exposure to carcinogenic hazardous substances for establishing limit values at the workplace", presented here as publication, is therefore a part of the AGS decision and delivers scientific instructions for an accordingly harmonised approach. The text contains the basic principles to the approach, grounds for it, examples of the approach with the quantification of the active strength and a glossary. Besides, the elbowroom necessary for the experts for divergences of the guide, provided that in this subject founds and documents, is preserved.
1. edition. Dortmund: Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin 2008. 87 pages, Papier, PDF-Datei
link to document (PDF file, 599 KB)
Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin
Postbox 17 02 02
Phone 0231 9071-2071
Fax 0231 9071-2070
Signatures of the BAuA library:
B424/EA/15b, DM19/EA/15b, D122/EA/15b