Comparative analysis of national strategies for safety and health at work
In this study strategic concepts and methods in the area of occupational safety and health (OSH strategies) have been analysed for selected countries. Beyond that the transferability of such concepts and methods to the German system has been examined. The intent was to determine the main features of the various strategies, to evaluate their respective strengths and weaknesses and to identify their essential differences and similarities.
The evaluation of national strategies included the following main questions:
- Which target levels, fields of action and problem areas are considered and focused upon in each case?
- Which criteria, procedures and information sources are relevant for the selection, implementation and prioritisation of the strategy goals?
- How is the implementation of the strategy evaluated? Does the evaluation clearly identify positive results?
- What are the characteristic institutional arrangements of the respective strategies?
A German summary can be downloaded here: "Comparative analysis of national strategies for safety and health at work".
Comparative analysis of national strategies for safety and health at work.
1. edition. Dortmund: Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin 2010. pp. 26, Project number: F 2234, paper, pdf file
link to summary (PDF file, 862 KB)